Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cottage Style Screened in Porches - Decorating Inspiration Photos

Nothing says summer more in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, than enjoying a cool beverage on your screen porch.  Trust me, you need those screens here as the Mosquito is our unofficial state bird.  My cottage has an adorable screen porch that we thoroughly enjoy in the short summer months.  I'm always looking for new ideas and inspiration. These are some beautiful examples of screen porch decorating styles.


Photo - Jane Coslick Designs & Restorations
This cheerful porch has lots of bright summery colors.  Just add some colorful lumbar pillows to those Adirondack chairs to soften them up a bit.  Maybe even a rug. This is a cute way to decorate a small cottage porch. 
 
Don't be afraid to have some fun with color at your cottage.  This is a place to let your hair down.  Save the stuffy, monochromatic interior decorating for at home. 

If you are afraid to paint your furniture a bright color then paint it white and use bright accessories like pillows and tablecloths.  Consider adding colored pots and/or pretty flowering plants.  You can always change these as your taste change and it won't cost much.
 
 
 
This porch has great seacoast style.  Where I am on the lake I don't usually use ocean themes like Seahorses or Starfish, but I love the colors. I particularly like the blue table and chairs and gingham rug. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

This is a nice New England Style porch. Sometimes all you need are a few comfy rocking chairs and some flowers. Less is more.

 



Who wouldn't love a Fireplace on their porch to take the chill off on those cool evenings!  Plus you can make smores!




This porch is breathtaking! The fabrics and colors really bring sophistication to this rustic porch. Photo - Charlotte Moss's Hamptons screened porch - Elle Decor


Great use of color.  I have that same rug on my front porch! Love those green garden seats.
 Photos from Pinterest unless otherwise noted.


Thanks so much for stopping by my little cottage!   If you've enjoyed this article please subscribe to my page, leave a comment or pass this along to a friend.  Thank you!
 
 

No comments: